Apr 8, 2008

Thanks, Japan!

So, while watching Invasion of The Neptune Men, I came to the realization that the villains have perhaps the greatest worst costumes of all time and space. Needless to say I started sketching them like crazy.

What I've noticed about my caricatures is that the more into the drawings I get, the more they deviate from the subject's actual appearance. That's when it's time to sit back and really LOOK at where those ear triangles rest on the bullet helmet. It's all in the details.

I'll save the modesty and just admit it now: There will be gallons more of these.









Until Next Time.

3 comments:

Toxiferous said...

Oh wow, this is cool. Your blog is great! I was going to go back through and comment on some of your older posts but I'm not sure how often you check those and I don't want to be a pain. I'm just going to condense those other comments into one and say "I really love your work.".
(And it really is great to meet another MSTie.) :)

GariBaldi said...

Stop saying Until Next Time! Although polite, it bothers me.

Catherine Satrun said...

Wow! Those guys look so funny! I like the antennas.