Aug 1, 2007

More Cowgirls

So after reviewing the drawings I'd done on my first pass I decided they could really be worked over a great deal more. I pushed the boundaries of how cartoony she could look...and they were sometimes frightening. Luckily I think I'm finding a good balance between cartoony and too realistic and boring.

I had no idea how easy it was to get trapped in that GI Joe style of cartooning. It's hard to break out of because you still want the cartoon to actually look like the person you're caricaturing.






Without going on too much of a rant here, this does look incredibly boring.






Fearing the GI Joe trap, I went in a totally opposite direction. Too much?






What I consider to be a nice balance of the 2 styles. Now she's a Real American Hero in my eyes.






Until Next Time.

No comments: